Thursday, July 8, 2010

Song of Solomon 2:10-12

My beloved speaks to me and says;
'Arise, my love, my beautiful one,
and come away,
for the winter is past;
the rain is over and gone.
The flowers appear on the earth,
the time of singing has come,
and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land.'


That incredible passage has made me teary-eyed and sent chills down my spine since 2008, on my dating fast in Kona. Recovering from a crappy, ungodly relationship, to healing and looking forward to meeting the 'one' for me. I so longed to find the one who I would know would come after the winter-like seasons of my life, and revive me, bringing the freshness of spring to my life always. And here I am.

I always thought of this passage as fitting me and my personal situation incredibly. It does this, however it also rings true in the life of my brand new fiance. It is his story to tell, but after four years of heartache and destructed dreams of what a marriage should look like, Brian, too was brought to rock bottom. This passage not only fits me and my past, but fits us perfectly. I am so thankful for the redeeming love of Christ, and that He brings us joy.

Thank you, Jesus, for your unfailing love! Thank you that you can restore broken hearts, not only to satisfy our human desires, but to draw us closer to yourself. You are beautiful. Thank you that the winter is past, the rain is over and gone, and now is a time for rejoicing in the life of the future Mr. and Mrs. Bradley.

No comments: