Thursday, April 2, 2009

Productivity.

Do you ever have a day that goes by that makes you think "what was the purpose of that day? did I even get anything accomplished? or - I wish I had done more that day."? I feel like I'm having more of those days in recent times. I know it's mostly my fault for not having a job (yet) or going to school right now... living at home like a bum, relying on babysitting and special cleaning projects around the house to make any sort of living. While I know I am a driven women, an aspiring doula and potential midwife, I feel like that's so far off for me and... what am I doing productively... now? It's a frustrating place to be. I feel so fickle with how I spend my time, my days.

Well, I have decided that today will be a productive one! It helps to have a reason to get up early - truly. This morning I took my older sister, Heather to the hospital for her grandma's surgery. (Heather came down from WA for a few days and is staying with us, hence why I took her). I feel like I have such a fresh beginning today, and I'm excited about that. I have a potential 2-3 preggo clients coming in the future which gives me something to look forward to. I turned in an application yesterday at my church's Day School as a substitute, which gives me something to look forward to. I'm helping a friend out next weekend with her sister's wedding in WA, since I have "wedding experience" from this last year alone. I have yoga to do, a dog to wash, a room to deep clean, a car to be washed / cleaned. AND I have a shower to take. K I have a lot of other thoughts going on right now, and surprisingly I haven't had caffeine! But I'll spare you for now and will update you tomorrow on how today went.

Jesus, help me make my days count!

No comments: