Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Saint Patrick.

Happy St. Patrick's day everybody! I felt the urge to re-learn today what it was he is so famous for. After a bit of research I am extremely excited that we celebrate this day! I'm sure everybody knows, but he was a Christian who was captured (as a slave) from the Irish and taken from Wales to Ireland. After six years he escaped and went back home to his family in Wales. AFTER being so abused by the Irish in how they treated him, Patrick soon went back as a missionary. Wow what an incredible man! There's so much more to his story and I can't wait to read up on it more later!

I was reflecting on my last year's St. Patrick's day in Kona. Andy Byrd gave a message on Saint Patrick and how revolutionary he was. I was simply reminded this morning that this day is not about drinking, about wearing green or about pinching each other or any of the other commercialized ways of distorting his story, but it's about a man who sacrificed his life for the name of Christ! How inspiring!!

1 comment:

Fee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.