Thursday, March 12, 2009

How on earth...

can I plan my career on being at many, many births when I cannot even make it through an episode of "A Baby Story" without bawling my eyes out?! I just watched a really good one with a Christian couple, the father was a pastor and the mother led Bible studies etc. and they just kept praying blessings over her tummy, then over her baby and toddler once he was born. It was so precious and I could NOT stop crying. So silly. I got the answer I was hoping for when I texted Esther (the midwife who inspired me to look into this field). She reassured me, "The best Doulas are the emotional ones that cry at every birth." DING DING that's me!!!

I do love it.

P.S. I want some comments on my other new posts, people!! :-) hehe.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Hey! Love your blog!

I just to LOVE watching TCL's baby story, wedding story and dating story. I shed a few tears too :). That's awesome that you're gonna be doing what you love, that's all that's important!