Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A little bit deeper...

I have some more thoughts! But it's on quite a different topic from the last post, so why not post another?!
Yesterday I went out to coffee with my prayer warrior friend, Steph. I have had the Salem House of Prayer on my heart since before I left Kona, but hadn't had a chance to find it yet. So after coffee, she showed me where it is located and we decided to pray there for each other (which is how we end every meeting together).
Once I walked into the House of Prayer I was extremely overwhelmed by the Presence of God. I got weak in the knees and my eyes welled up with tears, which I tried to fight for a while. The thing I love about the prophetic prayer movement these days, is the biblical vision of 24 hour worship and intercession, which is the S.H.O.P.'s vision. I haven't felt the Presence of God in such a powerful way for a few months. The reason it hit me so hard there, I believe, is because His Presence is invited in that place all day, everyday by watchmen after His heart. It is basically a prayer room the size of a department store, with people alternating leading worship sets. I see myself spending many, many hours on end there, now that I know where it is. If you're interested in an encounter with God, or even a peaceful place to dwell in His Presence, (and live in Salem) I recommend checking it out!!

www.salemhouseofprayer.org

No comments: