Monday, July 13, 2009

My Friend :)

I have been inspired to write a blog. My dear friend Melissa started a blog over a month ago and has written a new post everyday. I just read a hand full of them, and have been so deeply touched. Mel is such a good friend to me. I know I have written some posts about her, or her baby, Mr. Keaka in the past, but I feel the need to brag on her briefly. :) I met Mel when I was doing my 9 month study of the Bible in Kona, HI. She is a personal trainer who taught a workout class offered to the entire campus twice a week. We began hanging out weekly, doing various things such as yoga, Starbucks, coffee at her house, and lots and lots of talking. Her and her husband's condo was such a get-away for me in the midst of such an intensive school and too much campus life! After being a student in Kona, I went back to staff the same 9 month Bible school. This is when mine and Mel's friendship got deeper. :) Within the first couple weeks of my second big trip to Kona, Mel announced to me that she was PREGNANT! I was so ecstatic. At that point we hung out probably 2-3 times a week. As her pregnancy progressed, we hung out more and more. I loved being around her prego self and exercising with her.

Then in September she had her precious baby boy! We had been hanging out in the afternoon into the evening when she was having consistent contractions, and did not feel like going on a walk - no wonder!! I went home, and a couple hours later got the call that they were heading to the birth center. I got to watch their dogs while they went and had their amazing son. After he was born, I ended up hanging out more and more at her house even than I had before. It was a double wammy - I got to be around my dear friend AND I got to hold a newborn!! I don't know where I'm going with this. I could spend hours writing on how much I love her and how much her friendship has touched me, but maybe I'll just leave it at that for now. :)





I just love this family. Mel has been and still is such an encouragement to me as a single girl, going through daily battles of wishing I wasn't so single and what not. She prayed an amazing and powerful prayer for me over the phone last night that has completely refreshed my soul. Mel, you are incredible!!!

1 comment:

Melikamay said...

Britney, I am so touched. Thank you for your sweet words and friendship. I love you so much!!!