Tuesday, February 15, 2011

V-Day 2011

Being married + Valentines day= much better than ever being single!!! :)

Weekend before V-day Brian took me to "Alice in Wonderland" ballet at the El Senor Theater, downtown. We dressed up much more than normal (I even bought a new dress), and had a lovely time. Such a great surprise! I did ballet up into highschool, and ever since have wanted to see a show. Brian doesn't care if this seeming "emasculates" him, because he loves me more than what people think! And he had a good time. :) Afterwards, we went to "Prudence" restaurant downtown, it was SO nice and yummy. We went all out, having drinks and a three course meal. The best part is, the view from our table was the spot that we became engaged 8 months ago.

Then Sunday the 13th, we headed to the coast for the night! We stayed at "Looking Glass Inn," a very nice, clean dog-friendly hotel. They had the fire place going when we got there, and a doggy basket ready for Miss Izzie. She had treats and a queen-sized bed to herself! Lucky girl! :)
The next morning the weather was aweful. So we lounged, watching movies at the hotel til noon, then drove along the coastline to Newport, enjoying the drive, scenery, and then lunch. We got back to Salem around 3pm, enjoyed cake and icecream with my family for my dad's birthday, then went to Northern Lights theater for a $3 movie. Such a wonderful evening!

THEN, 2 dozen roses arrive in the mail today, from my hubby, to surprise me. I love being married!

No comments: