Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Letter to my Daughter

This is a journal entry from the day after we found out we are having a little girl. Just typing the title made me tear up a bit..." my Daughter."

My sweet Ruby Joy,

My darling! I cannot get over you, my beautiful little girl. Daddy and I went in to find out your gender yesterday. We are so ecstatic you are a girl! I was right all along. :) You have many "aunties" and "uncles" around you who are so excited to meet you! They are all so excited that you are a girl and your name will be Ruby. We are 19 weeks along today, sweetheart!

I keep looking at your ultrasound photos - Darling, I cannot help but weep. You are forming so perfectly on your own. You are such a miracle! For the last week or so I have felt you move continuously, I love feeling you move! I always get excited figuring out if you're kicking, punching or just wiggling. Ruby, you bring joy to me! Daddy has yet to feel you move. However, Jessica Gerig felt you kickin' away this last Monday at our community group. :) Daddy and Aunt Tara are jealous.

I have never seen your dad quite as giddy as he was last night. We were at Walmart (at midnight) looking for a body pillow for me to sleep on. We though we'd start in the infant section of the store. Your daddy became so overwhelmed with joy as he remembered, "Baby! We're having a baby girl!" He was taken back by all the cute pink girl's things. He would touch the tiny socks or pj's and he had the sweetest tone of voice and facial expressions I have ever seen. He loves you very, very much, sweetheart. He will be such a great daddy, he already takes good care of us!

This coming Monday we are going to Canada! Your first vacation, Ruby! Sadly, you won't remember it very well though. :-p We are hanging out with your great grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins on my side! It will be so much fun!

I love you, Ruby Joy. I'm glad you are a girl. :) I am so excited to meet you! Love forever & ever,
Momma

3 comments:

Kesha Thomas said...

So beautiful! Congrats on your precious Ruby! She's such a joy!

SELA PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Well.. I'm crying now, thanks a lot!

Beth Vice said...

Britney, this is precious, and I know one day Ruby will read it and be so amazed at the love you had for her before you even knew her. And in so many ways, you are getting to know her already. It's amazing how quickly their little personalities become evident. I am excited for the joy you are both sharing as you await Ruby's coming out party.