Thursday, October 20, 2011

Just an Update



I discovered yesterday that I need to blog more, thanks to my hubby. ☺ He was reading my blog posts and encouraged me to keep writing. He’s sweet and loves to read my thoughts. Plus I haven’t really blogged much lately for some reason – I mean I have time for crying out loud! So here are a few highlights in my (our) life lately.

Maternity Photoshoot: My best friend, Tara, is an incredible photographer and an incredible friend. She photographed me a couple of years ago alone in a white dress at Mento Brown. She photographed Brian and my proposal in June of last year. She did our engagement photos. She photographed half of my wedding (the half she wasn’t in). And so, of course, she photographed me pregnant. We had a blast. If anyone knows me, they know I LOVE fall so much, always have. It’s so endearing to me. So on Monday we went to E.Z. Orchards and did some photos in the apple orchard, corn field, and pumpkin patch. Then more photos at Mento Brown. {I love that place, can you tell?} They will be our Christmas cards this year and I am so excited to see them!

Ruby’s Room: Her sweet little sage green and rose pink room is getting finished. It is coming together and looks so sweet. Technically, she only has half a room, the other half is our closet. We don’t have closets in this little ol’ house, so we put shelving up in the second bedroom, some on and a half walls in her room aren’t very pretty. My mom is amazing! She has supplied every bit of material I’ve used to make projects in Ruby’s room.
She supplied the Cricuit machine for Ruby’s mobile – She bought the fabric for Ruby’s cute pillows and blankie (and provided the sewing machine and thread for it). –

She supplied the cute patterned papers for Ruby Joy’s name sign –
And of course she supplied Ruby’s (my old) crib –
Yes, it’s a drop-side crib, big whoop. I’ve been scolded enough by friends about how these are no longer legal to sell. Brian and I survived in drop-side cribs, so it’s fine. There are yet a few things that need to be completed in her room, such as a white shag rug and a corner book shelf by her crib, and a few more things on the blank parts of the walls. ☺

Pregnancy: I’m starting to feel it now! I’ve made it my goal to not be a complaining pregnant woman, I can’t handle women who take the gift of pregnancy and complain always about everything in pregnancy. However, I do have heartburn everyday which is lovely and often leads to nausea. I’ve been having Braxton-Hicks contractions a lot lately and possibly a UTI in the works….TMI? Hehe, sorry. So nights are very restless with the mix of heartburn, nausea, Braxton –Hicks contractions, and the urge to pee every few minutes. Yet, I am thankful. I am hoping the heartburn means she’ll have lots of hair like her momma –
The Braxton-Hicks are semi-painful, but I am amazed at the fact that my body knows what it’s doing! How incredible! It is preparing itself for labor and birth which is a miracle in and of itself. I am so grateful for a healthy, well-functioning body. Thank you, Lord!

Baby Shower: I am so excited for my shower! It’s going to be this Sunday afternoon, hosted by my besties – Tara and Amy. Rubber duckies are the theme, so much fun! Looking forward to hanging out with a ton of friends and family and receiving the love in this special time.

Hymns: I am more into piano hymns now than I have been in a while. I listen to the same Chris Rice album “living room sessions” everyday. Brian and I have dually noted to have piano hymns playing on the computer while I’m delivering the baby. So peaceful to my soul.

Proverbs Series: Last but not least, I got an idea today. That idea is to blog everyday next month about something that stands out to me in the “Proverb of the day.” If nothing else, everyday I read a Proverb since there are 31 – one for each day of the month. There’s always a couple of verses that strike a cord with me, and I think I may begin sharing those.

And that’s it for now. Thanks to anyone who reads my blog for taking the time. ☺

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We have a drop side crib too and also have been scolded. But it was given to us by Bens mom, free and given to us out if love. Babies gave been fine for years with them, people just freak out too much I think. I love reading your blog. Makes me miss being preggo with Josiah. Can't wait to read more in the future, and I can't wait to see those pics!!!