Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Baby Names

As we are nearing the 18-20 mark of pregnancy, we are thinking more and more about names. We get to find out so soon what we are having - wow! Time has really flown by, and I love it. We have the first names picked out for a boy and a girl, but middle names are still up in the air. Without further adeu I will share the names we are working on.

Girl first name: Cora
Girl middle names: Rose or Delight. This is quite a narrowed list for what I had for middle names. Almost anything sounds good after Cora. I was set on Cora Rose for the longest time, but now I am pretty in love with Cora Delight, especially with a sister named Ruby Joy. So that one is pretty set. Brian really loves Delight as the middle name as well. Score!

Boy first name: Judah (Meaning: the praise of the Lord, confession. Also, the lineage that Jesus came through)
Boy middle names: Rei (Pronounced "Ray" meaning: my companion, my friend), Reid, Gene, Otis, or Owen. Where to start on this one! My #1 favorite is Rei. It also is biblical and I love the meaning. I think Judah Rei has a great flow to it. Brian's #1 choice is Gene to keep the family name going. I think it sounds alright with Judah, but it's not my favorite name. Brian's dad's middle name is Gene, his mom's is Jean. His middle name is Gene, and his sister's middle name is Jean. So, you can see why he would like to keep the tradition going. The other day we both decided Otis is a very cute, old fashion name. I'm not sure if it flows well with Judah, or not.

What do you think? I would love to get some opinions! I have been hesitant to write this post, because I've been afraid of my names getting stolen. ;) But, we will use these names either way, so there is no use in fretting. And I would love to get some *positive* feedback. Let me know what you think!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Cora Delight.
For Judah I would do Rei.
I would try and go for a single syllable middle name for sure.
If you have 2 syllable names next to each other it won't flow as well.
Just think too...you can do the name Gene for another boy or Jean for a girl.(I have this love for the boy name Eugene) ;)
If Ben and I have a boy last he with be Ben Jr.
Beautiful names Brit!

Unknown said...

When I mean by 2 syllable names I mean that they are hard to find to flow well. Cora Delight kinda flows into each other so the 2 syllable is exceptional.
Love the name Otis, but Judah Otis doesn't seem to flow to me. Either way, the names that you pick will be perfect no matter what. :)

Britney said...

Jess, I agree completely about the two syllable thing! It's funny how some work, like Cora Delight, it just sounds good. But with Judah, a short, simple name would be best.

ALSO I just re-looked up the name Rei and while I LOVE the biblical meaning, it's not actually pronounced Ray like I thought, but "Ray-ee." Don't like that. So that stumps me. Maybe just Judah Rey.