Friday, April 25, 2008

Life at its sweetest

So I babysit this 5 year old boy from Argentina every Wednesday afternoon, his name is Mirko. He is such a tender, sweet hearted little boy and I just adore him. He's going to have such a heart for the nations one day! (That's my hope for him anyway). So Mirko has a best friend here named Pedro. Pedro is from Brazil so they both are native spanish speakers being trained to only speak English. Their friendship is the sweetest thing I've seen for a long time. Mirko will be having little adventures picking flowers or looking at leaves when out of no where Pedro appears. Once they realize they are in the same vascinity as the other they shout each others names... Mirko says "PEDRO!!!!" and Pedro does the same to Mirko. No matter how far away they are from each other they run towards each other with their arms open wide then they hug each other for a good 30 seconds. It is so precious. After they hug, they look at each other and giggle a bit, then start playing whatever game they choose (usually tag).

As I watched this little pattern of theirs over and over yesterday, my heart was filled with so much joy. I prayed, "Lord let this friendship last through their lifetimes that they can keep each other accountable to loving you" etc... Then I thought about Jonathan and David's friendship talked about in 1 Samuel 18 - "After David had finished talking with Saul, Jonathan became one in spirit with David, and he loved him as himself." That's just one verse but throughout the next few chapters the description of the deep love and friendship these two men of God had together is just so mind blowing. Friendship is such a special thing, and I cannot stress enough how thankful I am for my best buds.

No comments: