Friday, October 31, 2008

My heart.

I'm sitting in the back of class.
We are learning about the book of Isaiah this week - epic.
I am sipping on some green tea and feeling good.
I cannot get the lyrics out of my head
of a song that my friend, Julia, wrote.

"Your hair white as snow,
purity consumes You,
Your feet like bronze,
step in stamps of victory

Your face like the sun
Shining in the light of your glory...

You are beauty."

Wishing I knew the rest of the lyrics because they are mind blowing.
My entire being longs to be consumed by purity.
That not an ounce of fear would rule my life.
But that in everything I do would be out of pure trust in my God.
He is mighty.
He is able.
He is trustworthy.

Lord, if everything was taken from me right now, I want to find my peace in You.
All things good come from You anyway, so why should I want anything BUT You?

You ARE beauty. Everything about you is good. There is no ounce of not good in You.

1 comment:

Nina Michelle from nina the mom said...

My oh my... I LOVE that song. I was actually google-searching it, trying desperately to find it on iTunes. Are you a YWAMer? Maybe your friend who wrote the song was doing worship in Kona, HI? I just finished my SBS there, and I so miss her beautiful voice, and the amazing time of worship.