Monday, August 3, 2009

Frustration!

Oh I am so peeved right now. I am watching the Tyra show, and it is a segment on racism. It is featuring 10 or so people with different races speaking out their view on the other races. It is for the most part negative. I am just so frustrated. There was just a blurb on a white, blonde hair blue eyed girl who started dating a Latino man. Her best friend found out about this and got in her face yelling at her about it. Now, on the show, her best friend explains "I was raised in a Christian home, with Christian values. And I was taught that in the Bible we are told not to date outside of our race." She goes on to defend herself saying things like "I know it sounds dumb, but that's what I have been taught from my parents and grand parents about the Bible." My heart rate shot through the roof when I heard that. I GOT SO ANGRY. I hate that Christians can be seen / portray themselves as such IDIOTS. I'm not sure what passage she could possibly be referring to, but I'm sure it is a passage written to a specific audience, and God gave them that command for a very specific reason. Probably keeping his people separate from the pagen idol worshippers of the time. IT IS NOT A TIMELESS TRUTH! Ahhhh I had to get that out. It is so important for Christians to rise up and study the Word for themselves and not be spoon fed, especially when what they are taught totally contradicts other parts of scripture. I.E. "Love your neighbor as yourself..."

Ok that's it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!I saw that same show a couple months ago and thought the same exact thing!I was like "What in the world is she talking about,what Bible is she reading?" and Tyra was like "I know of no such thing that says that in the Bible?"Crazy stuff.

Britney said...

haha, yeah my thought exactly! Man she made me mad.