Thursday, September 8, 2011

Banana Dream Smoothie!


I've been on a smoothie kick this week. I ran out of eggs earlier in the week, so I made smoothies for breakfast instead. Currently I am off ALL sugar, with the exception of one serving of fruit per day. Yep, that means rice, pasta, bread, sweets, EVERYTHING! It's been a little rough, but it's only for a week at the advice of my midwife. Anyway, for my morning smoothies I've made them with plain yogurt, raspberries, blueberries, spinach & milk. I've been day dreaming about a sweeter smoothie though, so I experimented today. I am proud of my creation! Here's what I put in it:

*1/2 banana (makes smoothies super sweet without using sugar!)
*1 heaping spoonful of Adam's all-natural peanut butter
*2-3 scoops of Zoi Greek yogurt - plain!
*1 dash of milk
*3 ice cubes
**the kicker: 1 sugar-free fudgesicle

....YUMMY!!! I'm enjoying it now! I would recommend more ice, but my blender freaks out when I put too much ice in it. :( Therefore, my smoothie is- well - very smooth. Maybe next time I'll crush ice before putting it in so it's thicker. Anyway, I love my creation, perfect 3:00 p.m. treat on a hot day. Enjoy!

No comments: