Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Final Days



My darling Ruby is well on her way! I really cannot believe the time has come. Most everyday I hope that it is "the day" but today I'm actually feeling content. I'm due on the 24th, 4 more days! However, if I go 2 more weeks, I feel fine with that. The reality is: she'll be here one way or another. Whether it's now or then, she's coming, and that is exciting. That's how I feel right now, ask me in an hour or tomorrow and my opinion may be different! ;-)

I had my appointment yesterday and the midwives checked me. I was 3 cm dialated and 75% effaced. She stripped my membranes while she was in there. (TMI? Then don't read my blog, lol). I have a feeling I may be more dialated today, but not sure. She also guesses Ruby is between 8-9 lbs! YOW! We'll see, I guess. She is "fully baked" for sure. That's my current status. {And I've been having contractions through writing this whole entry...}

Today my best friend, Tara, was so sweet to come over this morning / afternoon to help me clean house. There are so many things I've been dying to get done that I can't do on my own, currently. My back feels broken after just about anything I do, so a load of chores was hopeless. She came and deep cleaned my bathroom, helped with laundry while I ironed, and organized our "closet." It was such a gift. I feel like I can bring a baby home now to this house! That was the goal.

Thanks for reading, pray for this sweet little one if or when you think about it.

No comments: