Thursday, December 1, 2011

Washed by the Word

I love my husband. I love his passion for the Lord and for His Word. This morning started off right - sleeping in, eating breakfast together, and reading the Word together. We started out with the Proverb-of-the-day (Proverbs 1). Then I told Brian about a Psalm that I can't get enough of the last few days, Psalm 116. It's titled "I Love the Lord." (No, the titles aren't original to the text at all, so usually I try to ignore them, but this one caught my eye). I love having a husband who washes me in the water of the Word, as he's called. (Ephesians 5:25-26). What a delight!
Psalm 116 -
I love the LORD, because he has heard my voice and my pleas for mercy.


Psa 116:2 Because he inclined his ear to me, therefore I will call on him as long as I live.


Psa 116:3 The snares of death encompassed me; the pangs of Sheol laid hold on me; I suffered distress and anguish.


Psa 116:4 Then I called on the name of the LORD: "O LORD, I pray, deliver my soul!"


Psa 116:5 Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; our God is merciful.


Psa 116:6 The LORD preserves the simple; when I was brought low, he saved me.


Psa 116:7 Return, O my soul, to your rest; for the LORD has dealt bountifully with you.


Psa 116:8 For you have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling;


Psa 116:9 I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living.


Psa 116:10 I believed, even when [fn] I spoke, "I am greatly afflicted";


Psa 116:11 I said in my alarm, "All mankind are liars."


Psa 116:12 What shall I render to the LORD for all his benefits to me?


Psa 116:13 I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the LORD,


Psa 116:14 I will pay my vows to the LORD in the presence of all his people.


Psa 116:15 Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.


Psa 116:16 O LORD, I am your servant; I am your servant, the son of your maidservant. You have loosed my bonds.


Psa 116:17 I will offer to you the sacrifice of thanksgiving and call on the name of the LORD.


Psa 116:18 I will pay my vows to the LORD in the presence of all his people,


Psa 116:19 in the courts of the house of the LORD, in your midst, O Jerusalem. Praise the LORD!

No comments: