Saturday, December 24, 2011

Wonderful Christmas Eve


I think my heart will always cherish this Christmas Eve! While there was no baby Ruby appearances (yet?!), I had a wonderful day with my husband. I am very thankful for that! Here's how it went:

*Slept in til 9:30 together
*Ate chocolate chip pancakes and watched a Christmas movie in our pajamas
*Opened 1 present each
*Slowly got ready for the day, went to coffee and last-minute Christmas shopping
*While shopping, did lots of mall walking and took only the stairs
*Dropped Brian off at the church to get ready for our Christmas Eve service
*Took a nap until the church service :)
*Saw all my wonderful friends at church, enjoyed the candle-lit service and worship
*Got a sweet gift from my bff, Amy (homemade peppermint room spray, and homemade peppermint sugar scrub in turquoise mason jar with lid-CUTE)
*Came home, opened all gifts
*Got the best gifts from my loving husband - he didn't get as many from me :(
*Took hot bath in lavender bath salt (made by Tara), while getting a peppermint-sugar-scrub-foot-rub from Brian
*Now enjoying some red raspberry leaf tea to help labor come on :-p and watching tv with my husband with a heat pack on my back.

What a wonderful Christmas Eve! One of my favorite days in a long time. I am feeling so blessed that I was able to savor worshipping Jesus tonight and focusing on how incredible the Father's love is for us! Thank You, Jesus, for being born and allowing us to worship You for who You are and the mighty things You've done. I am ready to meet Ruby, now. Jesus, she'd be such a great Christmas gift....

1 comment:

Florida Life said...

Sounds divine! Love you!