Friday, October 19, 2012

"Love the Lord Your God..."

I have some incredible women of God in my life. I am so grateful that I know them, and that they are willing to impart wisdom on me! Most of them are wives and mothers which is just a blessing for me to be around. Wednesday morning I was inspired and encouraged by my small group leader with this scripture: "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise." - Deuteronomy 6:5-7 I have been seriously slacking on my time with my Jesus. I somehow find other things to distract me and keep me busy. How easily I forget that being with Him is a joy, and charges me to be loving mother and wife. A loving Christian. More than that, He calls us as believers to spend time with Him. WHY DON'T WE?! Of course some do, but I know a lot of "Christians" who do not delight in His word. I am guilty of that at times myself. It's really a devastation. This couple of verses have really encouraged me to LOVE God in every way I possibly can, and then to teach them to my daughter. Yes, she is only a baby, but I need to love God in every way NOW so that I can train her to love Him too. What a joy, what a delight to be able to trust in Jesus! Happy Friday!

No comments: