Saturday, October 20, 2012

What She's Up to

My sweet Ruby girl is almost 10 months old! This is bazaar to me. Along with her age has come many "spot on" mile stones she has met. I wanted to quickly post what some of these things are. :) ~About 1-2 weeks ago she discovered how to open cabinet doors - Yippee! I thought I was safe for a while, because she would only climb up to stand on the cabinet doors. Not soon after, though, she figured out how to swing wide those doors of doom. ;-p I never realized how dangerous the things in my cupboard are! cleaning products, plastic bags, food processor and blender blades.... She is also into the dishwasher any time I am loading or unloading it. Goes straight for the silverware, which is typically OK. The other day while Brian was unloading, she grabbed a super sharp Cut Co. knife. He caught that one fast! *Note to self - REALLY need to get cabinet door jammers!*
~She has become an incredible copycat! She copies sounds SO well, as well as hand gestures and dance moves. One of my favorites is when she intentionally drops something, looks at me so I'll say "Uh OH!" and then responds "Ooooo" PRECIOUS! ~She has got a couple of words mastered now. Of course she never does them when we want to show her off, though. :) She has a raspy, grovly voice like her momma did when she was a baby. Still does, maybe? She's been saying: *Mamamamama *Dadadadada *Ooooo! (Uh oh) *Yay! (Her first word, she says it while clapping) *My personal favorite is when she sings. I cannot type out what that sounds like, but it is precious. Simply angelic! She typically sings in the car when the radio is on. Lately we only listen to Classical music to get her creative juices flowing. She sings so sweetly along to whatever piece is being played. If we're lucky enough to play a song she LOVES, she starts dancing. AMAZING! ~She is sucking anything and everything she can get her hands on. For the most part I don't care. I do draw the line when she sucks on the bottom of the toilet scrubber, though. :( That was a nasty moment. ~She had her first pumpkin patch experience last week. Actually twice last week! She did so well both times, and loved looking at the animals and the mini pumpkin I put in her hands. It became her best friend!
~She now has 5 TEETH! She got her bottom two a couple of months ago. (Don't remember when exactly, bad mommy:() Then she got a third bottom tooth, and her top two have just recently come in! This last week they really started showing. Looks like she has my shape of teeth - square! And the top two seem to have a gap. So precious.
~She goes potty on the toilet about 5 times a week. Usually I put her on first thing in the morning. She has a great time sitting there, relaxed. I make sure to keep things in her hands so she doesn't lean forward to look for things to play with on the ground. It's so much fun. I'm sure I could do more than one time a day, but I am a little lazy. I'll get on it soon! ~She loves samplings of most foods. She doesn't care for baby food, she likes to hold onto her food and eat it herself. I'm not amazing and making sure she eats solids as meals. Just snacks here and there. She's still nursing full time for the most part. Breast milk is still the best source of nutrition for her, until she is 1. So, don't worry, I'm not starving her or anything. :) ~She ADORES her daddy. When he comes home from work, she giggles so giddily and crawls QUICKLY to him. It makes me tear up almost every day. He couldn't physically love her more. He is such an incredible father to her, which really blesses me. Not only is he the best husband I could possibly ask for, but he is an incredible father. Thank You, Jesus!
And that's about all I have time to post for now. Thanks for reading. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, Britney! I love your blog! This is so precious!

Unknown said...

I love her! She is so precious.
The technique of solid food that you are doing is called Baby-led weaning(I think). Lots of "crunchy" moms are doing this technique! I am thinking about doing this for #2.
:)