Thursday, March 20, 2008

Learning about myself

So, since I signed up for being on staff, it was vital for me to take the "strength finders" test to find out my top 5 strengths. It took quite a bit of time to take the test, but it's really interesting to see what your strengths are and how you can work with them. My top 5 strengths are: Developer, Empathy, Input, Relator, and Individualization. Ummm basically I'm learning about each one of these, but one thing that God has been workin hard on me with, is empathy. Because I have such a heart for people, I put myself totally into their situation when they are hurting, so I can comfort them somehow. This can be good, however I tend to take it to the extreme. When people come to me with their burdens and hurts, I tend to take all the pain upon myself and not let it go. This is a very UNHEALTHY way to use a very powerful strength. So I'm praying right now and letting the Lord help me to give up those pains to Him. It's pretty rad. There's new things to learn every single day in this thing called the Christian Walk!! It's exciting, painful, ugly, fun, encouraging ohh man and so much more. Anyway that's my thought for the moment. I'd love to blog more but it's kinda weird because I feel like I have too much to say that I'd rather not say anything at all - because that would require composing my thoughts! ;-)

Peace