Friday, March 14, 2008

Thus far...

Wow, Kona has been so wonderful... God is so wonderful. To be honest, I had this dread about comin back because of how much I LOVE Oregon, and am not the biggest fan of hot Hawaii. But since I've been here I have this amazing refreshed view of Kona, it's like I've never been here and everything is so beautiful and attractive to me. It's totally a God thing for changing my attitude!

Staff training has been great as well. We have 2 meetings a day typically and so far we've done a lot of praying for each other as we take on this leadership role, but also today we started praying for the students and reading through their applications out loud. Call me naive, but I am looking forward to every part of being on staff - grading papers, doing one on ones with students and encouraging them in their walks, planning school events, being in charge of hospitality and driving people with campus vehicles etc. Everything is great and I'm so ready for the challenge. I've got this amazing confidence that's only from God, because I could and would not do this without Him!!

Last night was a transforming time for me. We had the usual Thursday night all campus gathering, and our speaker talked about the spirit of religion that rules so many of us. It's a scheme of the enemy for sure, because Jesus hated religion. Therefore I HATE religion. It's all about a loving relationship with Christ. But so often we Christians set ourselves as standards that others should be like. "Well... she's not worshipping like me, she must not be close to God." or " They're talking during our speaker, they are so off track with God." and dumb crap like that. SO, we as a congregation broke off the spirit of religion in our lives so that we may walk in freedom of Christ!! WOOOHOOO I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blessings

No comments: