Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Dear Little One

Dear Little One,

Now I am 13 weeks and 3 days pregnant with you. We made it through our first trimester - YAY! We, dad, and Auntie Tara went out to Bella Vie yesterday for our appointment. We got the privilege of hearing your strong little heartbeat! What a powerful experience. The midwife, Carmen, said it would take a while to find you in there, however, instantly we heard you! You were right in front. You made me cry tears of joy, an experience I could never adequately describe. Your daddy's face was priceless, he was so proud and in awe.

One very interesting thing came up, though. I told the midwives Carmen and Desiree that I (am pretty positive) have felt you move a bit since last Wednesday night (June 15). Desiree took an interest in that, then asked to feel my belly. She was doubtful that I could feel you that early - as was I. When she felt my belly she was surprised at how high my uterus is, for how far I am. She, a woman not fond of ultra-sounds, highly suggested we get an ultrasound soon! There are three possibilities for this: 1) You are twins :) 2) You are 17 weeks instead of 13, or 3) I could have a very frontal uterus.

What a surprise!

Either way, we scheduled an ultra-sound for this Thursday morning (June 23rd). Daddy and I were both reluctant on putting you through an ultra-sound, but decided we'd like to know what the deal is! We will get to actually see your little body, fingers & toes, head & nose. (I'm not gonna lie, I'm very excited)!

Happy first day of summer, Little One! Hope the summer treats us well, and that my allergies will subside soon.

I love you very much. You are such a blessing to our lives. I pray that I can be the mommy that you deserve. Only by the grace of God!

Love,
Your Momma