Saturday, June 25, 2011

Fourteen Weeks and Free Stuff!

Today I and baby are 14 weeks along! He/she is the size of a lemon, about 3 1/2 inches from head to rump. :) Cutest lemon ever. We enjoyed walking to Dutch Bros. and sunbathing in the backyard with Amy today! Get that belly tan!!

Brian and I have been really into downsizing expenses lately to save, save, save! We just canceled our gym membership and internet and Netflix! That'll be a nice savings per month. I've also been getting into coupon clipping. I clipped 6 or so coupons today all for our date nights this coming month. Buy one get one free Baskin Robins, discounts on frozen yogurt or coffee at shops. We are also refinancing our house, which means about a $100 per month small mortgage! It's exciting to us. :)

Down the street there was a yard sale going on with some cheap stuff, and also a lot of free stuff. There were two upright car-seats for free. I walked down there and got the nicer of the two. Free is a GREAT price! We are surrounded by generous people who love us and our baby, and are getting lots of cute free stuff from them as well. The family I used to nanny for is giving us an ADORABLE vintage high-chair that their daughter outgrew! Here's a photo:

My parents have offered my bassinet, cradle, and crib from my childhood! All in white, which is what I would buy anyway! Our friends the Porters are giving us their beautiful white glider and ottoman that is still very unused and clean! Another friend is giving us her Moses basket lined in tulle which is the theme I want! What amazing blessings! I'm using lots of exclamation marks, because I am really THAT excited about everything! I'm feeling so loved and so excited for this baby to enter our world.

That's my rant for now. :) Thanks everyone for all the blessings already! And thanks for reading my blog, friends.

No comments: