Thursday, June 23, 2011

Right on Track!



So, I think it was two posts ago that I wrote (to the baby) about the possible options that we needed to find out via ultrasound. My uterus seemed really high for being in my 14th week, and I am convinced I have felt the baby move little bits. Well, the options were that I may be further along than I thought, or that it could be twins possibly... or that I got pregnant a month earlier with twins and miscarried one, etc etc. Those were all just possibilities, but I was confident in my calculations and that I didn't have twins. (Though I wish I did)! Anyway, the ultrasound proved that my original due date is correct and that the baby is right on track with that calculation. The ultrasound tech said she would move me to being 14 weeks 5 days, rather than 13 weeks 5 days, but that makes no since based on my cycle schedule. So I'm sticking to my calculations, a lovely 13 weeks and 5 days today. We loved seeing our baby! We really only wanted one ultrasound at 20 weeks to find out the sex and not overexpose our baby to ultrasounds, but we also wanted to know exactly what was happening. Glad we did it, wish we could've found out today so we wouldn't have to get anymore ultrasounds! I asked the tech if she could look between the legs, she said she could, but then never did..... ? That was interesting, lol.

All in all we had a good experience this morning, and are so happy to have some pics of our sweet faced little baby. We love you, Little One!! You have the cutest little pot belly I've ever seen! Looks like you may have your momma's nose, it looks turned up in the pictures. She took pictures of you so fast that we couldn't really see you in action much, but at one point I saw you punch one of your little arms. Cutest little thing I've ever seen. You are 3 oz. approximately now, what a little chunk! ;-p Can't wait to hold you, see you, and kiss you! Only about 5.5 months left!

No comments: