Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Practicing Parenthood.

Brian and I have the privilege of watching our good friend's little guy, Hudson Porter. He is 4 months old, and a complete joy! We have had him since Sunday afternoon, and he leaves us Friday morning. While his parents are enjoying a pastor's conference in Colorado, we get to practice being parents!

He sleeps awesome. Still in the lots-of-naps during the day stage, which is great. He also sleeps pretty solid through the night, only awaking when his beenky falls out. Currently I am battling major allergies and possibly a cold. I AM SO STUFFED UP! It's even hard for me to want to go outside, open our windows, or roll down windows in the car while driving because of my hay fever. It's gotten a little worse every year I've noticed, however it is especially bad this summer being pregnant. All the symptoms are just magnified from my already stuffy/swollen sinuses. All that being said, I wish I had the energy to run around and play outside with Hudson more. Staying inside is working for now, though. I've been getting lots of laundry and ironing done. :)

Yesterday was HOT for Salem! It was in the 80's, and poor Hudson started feeling it in our un-air conditioned house yesterday evening. He just started bawling on the couch and turning red. Brian installed our air conditioning unit in our bedroom which was truly a gift last night! I put a wet wash cloth on Hudson to cool him off and took him into the air conditioned room, and he suddenly loved life again! Here's a video of Brian blowing and pretending to blow in his face. He would prepare for it coming, then get tricked! It was SO cute. He was happy for the rest of the night.


Please ignore the horrible video quality! I thought it was upside down, but it wasn't so I flipped it the wrong way. Anyway...

No comments: