Thursday, May 22, 2008

He loves me.

He is jealous for me
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree
bending beneath the weight of His waves and mercy
When all of a sudden
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
and how great Your affections are for me

O how He loves us so
O how He loves us,
How He loves us so

We are His portion, and He is our prize
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes
If grace is an ocean, we're all sinking
So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss
And the heart turns violently inside my chest
I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about
The way...

He loves us, O how He loves us
O how he loves...
Yeah He loves us, O how He loves us
O how he loves us,
O how He loves


He is jealous for me. More than I am jealous of other people. He's jealous for my soul, all my love and affection and purity. He is saddened that I've given my heart away to fleeting things. He, in his pure love, is jealous for ME.

No comments: