Sunday, May 25, 2008

My love life

So, I'm gonna be honest. This 9 month dating fast is one of the hardest things I've ever done. Not just because I can't go out on dates or have a relationship with guys... thats the easy part. It's all about keeping my heart in check with the One I have committed this time to. My friend Jeremy explained it recently to me that this season is like marriage to God, and that just as a married woman should not spend all her time thinking about other guys, neither should I! So the last few days, it's been all about realigning my heart with God's and learning to fall in love with Him and this season. It's about not even letting my mind wander for the desire of other men. WHOA huge revelation, but so good!
After I had that talk with Jeremy, I went to my room and read Song of Songs - this time as not a literal love story, but allowing Jesus to speak to me through that book. It completely blew me away and here's what stood out to me. This is where I want to be, (2:5) "Sustain me with raisins; refresh me with apples, for I am sick with love." Jesus, this is what I want! I want to be so in love with You that I am nearly sick, that I just cannot contain my passion! Take me to that place, lover of my soul!
He is definitely not boring, each day can be refreshing and full of new things if we choose to let Him work. He is colorful and vivid!!! I just love Him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow what a great point and great perspective!!! Thank you for reminding me and putting me back in perspective! Being a single mom, I'm always wondering what it'd be like to be married and wondering what it'd be like to have a "dad" for my kids. They spend time wondering and wanting too. There is so much truth in everything you said! It makes me want to go back to that place and be "married" to Jesus. And have Him be dad to my kids. They want something tangible of course but if I get my heart and desire back to that place then that void they have will be filled (with Him)You are so encouraging and influential Brit and you probably don't even realize it. You just live your life and share it! Thanks & I love ya!!

Britney said...

Yay, thanks for the comment, Heidi!! It's good to hear from you... I can't wait to hang out sometime next week! We'll talk more about this goodness then, k? Love you dear!!!!