Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"Baby it's cold outside"

It was so nice today basking in the warm Hawaiian sun at the pool side...listening to Christmas music?! haha that's how it went. It was a unique experience but I feel I got the best of both worlds. My current fav is "baby it's cold outside" by Nick and Jessica, it sounds so awesome and funky.

Well tonight was a super nice evening. Leah - my bestest pal - and I had a much needed date. We walked down to Coconut Grove, bought fresh made sushi at Haishi's then sat on the wall overlooking the ocean and sunset enjoying our sushi. It was a delicious time..and not just the food! After we ate we walked around the shops downtown and it was like a blast from the past. Leah has been my best friend here since day 1 - April 5. We immediately clicked because we had such similar *situations* at the time that we both knew we needed to work through. So the day after we met we went downtown, I bought a smoothie and Leah bought an iced coffee and we went to the same spot of the ocean and put our feet in for the first time for the next nine months. It was such good memories. Leah's friendship has been such a God send to me and I couldn't have requested a better roommate from day 1 ever. She has been my other half and I will miss her terribly when this comes to an end. Only 10 more days til I'm in Oregon and she's in Indonesia on outreach. I can only pray that God will bring us together again someday. Leah if you're reading this you've been a life saver and accountibility partner that I needed and God totally had his hand in putting us together as bff's for this season. God bless you in all your missions in the future and with your 12 babies!!!!!!!

No comments: