Saturday, February 2, 2008

Ah, love

So the other night I was thinking lots about romance...like humanly kind...and I thought what better place to read about it than the Bible! So, although I read and studied it lots just a few months ago, I read the entire book of Song of Songs (only 8 chapters) and I was cryin like it was to me or something. I'm just pumped to get words of affirmation from my man someday. I love hearing it from Jesus though too :-) Anyway I found such a beautiful part that I absolutely adore and I think is perfect for weddings...so I'll probably have this be my life passage when I meet my love.

Song of Songs 2:10
"My lover spoke and said to me,
'Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, and come with me.
See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone.
Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land.
The fig tree forms its early fruit...
Arise, come, my darling; my beautiful one, come with me.'"
Is that so special or what?! What a beautiful expression of true love - the winter is past and it is time for singing!! awesome.

I also love 1:15 (NRSV)
"Ah, you are beautiful, my love;
ah you are beautiful;
your eyes are doves.
Ah, you are beautiful,
my beloved, truely lovely."

The special thing I learned in SBS about the significance of doves, especially in this book, is that they symbolized focus. When doves fly, the can only focus / see what is ahead of them and they do not become distracted by the miscellanious things that may surround and potentially harm them. They are focused on their goal and are not easily distracted! Sounds an aweful lot like how love should be, to me!

ah, love (and cute heart pics for the heck of it!)

3 comments:

Allison said...

cute brit
i love it.
:)
thanks for your posts, they're so much fun!!!

.:ella:. said...

woman
I loved this post. I definitely needed it right at this moment too.
Love ya.

Britney said...

I'm glad you guys read my blog!! :-)