Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Deakan!

Today was such a blast, I babysat my friend Heidi's baby, Deakan. First off he is an absolutely wonderful baby - he's so chill and relaxed. I loved spending time with him all day pretty much just chillin. He's really easy to please. I'm pumped to watch him again on Thursday, and hopefully more in the future. I'll put pics up sometime probably after Thursday of our fun times hanging out :-)

On another note, while Deakan was sleeping today I was watching the show "sweet 16" and it always makes me so angry. I eventually had to change it because it absolutely blew my mind how selfish some people can be, and how lonely also they must be to need a huge party like that to find their worth. Not to mention their poor daddies! haha can you say debt?! Seriously though, I became really saddened with the youth in this country, not all are at that place, but a lot really seek approval through such temporary things and I wish I could tell them all over a loud speaker that JESUS IS THE ONLY TRUE SATISFACTION and no one or nothing else will do. I love that Jesus loves everyone despite whether or not they love him, but I really wish they would realize that that is true love. He is so wonderful, and I am so proud to call him my Father and satisfactor!!

On yet another note the weather was beautiful once again today. After leaving my 'job site' hahah I drove to the top of Mildred in S. Salem and the view was phenominal - the sun was just beginning to set and if I looked right, straight or left (once I was on top of the hill) there were pink colored mountains taht took my breath away. Luckily I was at a stop sign with not many people so I got to sit for a sec and try to take in the beauty. I love Oregon and I love my God for being so AWESOME.
Ok that's it for now, I guess. Peace!