Monday, January 28, 2008

so blessed

As I'm snacking on some delicious soy beans I am inspired to write! I've spent a lot of time this weekend reflecting on the many ways I am so incredibly blessed - one of the huge things I'm praising God for right now is the community of believers I am surrounded by. Last night after Outward Church the usual get together was on at Brad, Grae and Ian's apartment downtown and it basically set me on fire. After a good long while of hanging out and eating pizza, we got together for prayer and sharing. The guys started a door to door ministry in Salem which they are so passionate about - not the ministry itself, but actually advancing the kingdom. They emphasize that they want to see the homeless, felons, prostitutes, unloved druggies etc in Heaven so much more than any type of crown.

After sharing and listening to what the guys had to say we broke up into groups of 5 or so just to pray for each other and for the people we were going to reach in Salem. It was such an awesome time of fellowship and it reminded me that I am blessed to be surrounded and loved by these kind of people. They are so selfless and loving to eachother - that's what the Church is supposed to look like! After I finished praying with 4 other girls, we looked around us and I pointed out to Becca the group of guys next to us bowing their heads and holding hands humbly praying for eachother. I said "Now sis, that is what a man of God looks like." I'm so blessed to not have the experience of bad men in my life and I totally recognize how rare they are. I'm just pumped for all God is doing in the hearts and lives of young college students who will transform the city of Salem for Jesus....and who will also take that out of Salem into Oregon then to the nations. It's so encouraging!!!!!!

No comments: