Friday, January 18, 2008

so many thoughts

I feel like I should write a blog...but it's kinda hard to know what to write about because I've got lots of things rollin around in my head. I'll start with today - it was a good day! I got to hang out with Chris and baby Marshall which was sweeeet, I began teaching piano lessons again to my student Katelyn for the short time I'm home, and I went to a movie with my best friend's boyfriend! haha that sounds weird but we're good friends - he's perfect for Tara!

Lately I've been in kind of a slump. It's typical for post-YWAM experiences to become depressed almost once you get home. I think a big reason for that is that I am not surrounded by a community of believers 24/7 who challenge and encourage me in my walk. I spend most of the day with my mom (don't get me wrong it's awesome spending time with her!) but I don't have that accountability or people who realllly care for what my heart is going through. It's tricky to get to that point with people, but I just really miss my YWAM roomies. It's all good though, God is challenging me to be in love with him whether or not I am in that community - that's the biggest lesson for me!

Part of the being home blues is that I feel cooped up. Lately I've been dying to go out somewhere and see...something...naturey....ANYTHING! Fortunately I am so blessed with a dad who loves outdoor adventures so him and I are planning a hike together at Mary's Peek sometime while I'm home. That'll be awesome and beautiful. I would love to go on a roadtrip but everyone else has a life, lol.

Another big thing on my mind lately is the idea of raising support to go back into missions in Kona. I'm sure once I get started there will be people interested, but I'm starting to freak out thinking that no one will want to help me. However, I know it's the Lord's will that I be in leadership in Kona and he will provide for me the finances - BUT I still have to do my part. That means I need to get started soon. I have no idea if anyone reads this blog, but if you do, could you please pray for me? That I would get some good support raising ideas that will help prep a path for my ministry. That would be HUGE for me! And if anyone who reads this needs a prayer partner, let me know and I would love to pray for you too!

Seriously there's like a thousand more things I could write about right now. But it's not necessary. I just wanted to update my 'readers' on whats goin down. Thanks for reading and I hope all are doing awesome!! Keep in touch, I could use the communication. Ok well peace and good night.

2 comments:

Chris said...

britney,
hey there...it was really fun to hang out with you today and i'm excited to spend some time with you while you're at home. okay our next conversation is this post ywam blues deal. i have some thoughts...
okay hope you're well and i look forward to seeing you on sunday. love,
chris

.:ella:. said...

Britneeeyy

I love you. I'll keep you in my thoughts, I don't see how anyone wouldn't want to help support you!! And dude, seriously, if I lived like 35 hours closer, I'd go on a roadtrip with you =)