Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My BFF's

I am so thankful to the Lord for my best friends!!!
Today I was reminded of how awesome Tara, my best friend of 13 years, is! I hung out with her beloved, Grae, and we had a nice lil chat about how amazing that woman is! It's not the type of thing I tend to do to stop and reflect on how blessed I am with my friends. Tara is so unique - everyone who knows her adores her. She has blessed so many people with just the person God made her to be, including me. I think about all we've been through over the years and how much her friendship has gotten me through hard stuff. She is so beautiful inside and out. Her heart to follow God's call is so open and uncompromised. She's totally willing to drop everything and go travel the world and share the gospel through photography, as she's doing right now. She is so not concerned with what people think about her which is SO refreshing and inspiring to me. I could go on and on but I just wanted to recognize that I am blessed with Tara!!!

I have a second best friend..Amy Spivey. We've been buds since we were in the womb. She's someone else who has impacted my life greatly by her friendship. She always knows when I'm holding info back from her and she always gets to the core of what I'm going through. The other day she asked me such a refreshing questions "how's your walk with Jesus?" No one asks that these days and it was so awesome to actually share with her what's going on in my heart right now and how desprately I am giving everything to Him. She cares too. She listens to answers to the questions she asks. I adore her soooo much and love that she is in my life - it wouldn't be the same without her!! Thank you God for these women!!


No comments: