Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Ahh autmn...

So I live in beautiful Kona Hawaii, and I am super blessed with God's marvelous creation that I get to enjoy every day...too often I take it for granted.




However, I really miss autmn / fall! It is my absolute favorite season and I just adore the beauty of it. I know it seems silly to live in paradise and to want cold weather, but that is how I'm feeling right now. In fact, it is a bit of a struggle for me because it makes me homesick, which I know only God can take away from me. I miss the smell of baked goods, pumpkin spiced candles (we can't have candles in our rooms here on base) and homemade hot apple cider with cinnamon sticks! Yummmm. The closest I can get to autmn is to go to Starbucks and get a pumpkin spice latte...which I am definitely not complaining about. Those drinks are delicious. It is just hard sometimes being away from the things I love. Also for me, I am a moutain / lake person rather than beach / HOT weather person..that's just how I am. I really miss that I can't go to the pumpkin patch this year...that is one of my favorite things EVER!! Last year I went with Chad and his fam and we had caramel apples, a haymaze frenzy, pumpkin ice cream, and fresh squeezed apple cider! YUM. I miss bundling up in layers and looking cute. I think I need a Jesus attitude makeover....but before that I just want to declare "THANK YOU LORD for creating the beautiful seasons! Thank you for fall and all that entails and that it really touches my heart deeply. You have created MANY types of beauty in this world, part of which I am living in now for the past 7 months. Thank you that I get to experience different culture, and that my true home is in heaven. If my home was only my house in Oregon, I would never be satisfied."




1 comment:

Kesha Thomas said...

I don't see anything wrong with you missing The Fall season! If you grew up with it, it is naturally a very special time in your life! I LOVE Fall!!!!! I am burning candles and making cookies as we speak!

But then again, I wouldn't mind being in Hawaii too!