Sunday, October 28, 2007

Girls' night in!

Last night was the night I've been waiting for all quarter...girls' night at Sonja's house! It was so much fun. We had a get together there first quarter of this school -in May I think - and it was about time to have another one. Sonja and John have such a beautiful house with a spectacular view of the ocean and the SUNSET was out of this world. I'll put up some pics asap. When we first got there she gave us each little goodie bags (she's such a susie homemaker) with candy etc. and had strips of paper, enough for each of us to write something to each woman in our class as an encouragement. It was fun..I didn't get around to writing one for each lovely lady though. But I will over this next week hopefully. Then we baked cookies!!!! YUM. Us room mates have been dying to bake basically since we got here but with no oven or kitchen really, it was impossible. She provided sugar cookie dough that we decorated and then leah and I put mixed a huge batch of chocolate chip cookie dough and m'm it was perfect! After that we had a devotional time and prayed for Leah as she is still awaiting her finances. It was a lovely time!

Ah speaking of this week coming up, I'm SCARED! We are studying Jeremiah and to be perfectly honest I haven't even read the second half yet because the first half took me so long. My eye sight has gone since I've been here, from all the reading. It's really sad actually, I'll need to check into glasses when I get home. I think thats it for now, I'll put pics up lata!

No comments: