Wednesday, October 31, 2007

New routine!

So my lovely roommates Apryl and Mae are amazing swimmers, and they are taking time to teach me how to swim properly! I've never really known how to ...period ... in fact I think I dropped out of swimming lessons in kindergarten lol, cause it was too hard. Anyway I've been a wimp since then and lately I've really come to think that a workout like swimming could benefit me tremendously. It's cardio, so it burns fat, but it also tightens and lengthens my muscles! I am so blessed to have these girls be so willing to help me, they are so patient. I can't wait until I get it down and I can go swim lots of laps in my own lane. :) Such an exciting adventure. It's also a great workout because it is a couple mile walk to the public pool, plus an hour swim, then we walk back to base...NICE!
So the new workout routine for me is: Monday/Friday morning walk with Alli up and down the hills, Tuesday/Thursday weight training with my favorite personal trainer ever, Mel, and Wednesday/Saturday walk to the pool with Arpyl and Mae and swim!! Sunday rest...aka swim at the beach. I am so excited because it is a switch up each day, never the same thing. Hopefully I can keep this type of routine up when I come home in 7 weeks (CRAZY) at the YMCA. Then I come back here next March and it will be back to this routine for sure. Ah I am high on life right now! :o) I'm also drinking a 20 oz iced Americano so I am able to get through my Jeremiah homework...oh goodness I will be a crazy one today.


Loves!

No comments: